Friday, March 6, 2009

Furthering His Kingdom Friday



This is my sweet 6 yr old Hallie, who is smart as a whip. She uses big words and asks odd questions all the time. Always learning, growing and curious.
Sunday night as we were sitting in church she was coloring and our Pastor mentioned in His message,
"A portion of America has turned away from God."

Hallie leaned over to me and asked,"Mom, what is a portion?" So I said, "It is a part. A part of America has turned away from God."

She shook her head is disappointment and said,"Oh, that's not good." And went back to coloring. I was so proud of her.

My point is that even though we may bring books or crayons to keep our young ones quiet and occupied during the service they are still paying attention. They may not get it all, but they get some and that is more than if they were sleeping, crawling around bored to death. The Lord knows what they need and He will get it to them as long as we do our part and get them to church!

6 going on 26!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen,

    I found your blog via The Barefoot Mama. I participated in Furthering His Kingdom Friday too;-) I just loved your story about your little girl...so precious. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,

    Mary Anne @ Marigold Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious, Ellen! AND gorgeous! That smile!

    Thanks for participating! I hope you and the gals and the hubs have a great weekend, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Although, my boys only seem to hear when our pastor used words like "naked" or something they find funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Ellen! You just never know what children are picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! The very special guests are Chase's parents. We haven't seen them in about 2 years.It is always fun when they are here =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen,
    Read the story about hallie and I am very proud of her. It encourages me to hear things like this and her reaction to these events. If only our adults had the same response what great things we could do.
    Love, Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete