Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hayden's Heart Surgery

The day before surgery.
Hayden may be smiling but he was very sick and struggling to breathe.

It was not scheduled. We still had 10 more excruciating days to wait, so we prayed!! We got a call at 11pm from Hayden's cardiologist saying another child got sick and a spot was open. I screamed over the phone. Jeremy and I cried, hugged, thanked God and called everyone!

*WARNING*
YOU WILL SEE POST SURGERY PICTURES!



NOVEMBER 5TH,2010
1 MONTH OLD

The (CPRU) Cardiac prep and recovery unit




Before surgery


On our way to the OR doors



Hayden's anesthesia team
and his floor nurse on the right



Waiting...


The Joy of the Lord is our strength!!!



Hayden's Surgeon-Dr. Thomas Spray
The head of the cardiac program!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~POST SURGERY~


I absolutely hated the chest tube!
It broke my heart to see him like that.



Hayden's left lung collapsed after his surgery so
they put him on the c-pap machine to force air in to pop it open.
Jeremy and I had gone to lunch and when we came back and saw this I freaked out thinking they had to vent him again.



Hayden's pod



Isn't it sweet how they cut the top of his passy to fit around the oxygen more comfortably.





SUCH STRONG HANDS




There is nothing like being handed your baby after heart surgery.
The surgery was a relief! It felt so good to hold him again.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moved to (CCU) Cardiac Care Unit
The step before home!!








Big sisters came to visit!


Heidi's pic is missing. I meant to put it up.
Not sure how this happened. Don't tell her. Sorry Heidi!!




AAHH!! Home Sweet Home...
with a brand new heart!!
The difference in his breathing is amazing.
He still works to breathe more then a normal baby his age, but
it is so much better then it was.

The Bible says:
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above
all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
Eph.3:20

4 comments:

  1. Aww, what a handsome little man...he is SO cute, Ellen! And what an amazing post about answered prayer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I am so happy to know that he is doing well. Thanks for the update.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that he is finally home. He is such a handsome boy. I (and several others here in Springfield) have been praying for him even though we hadn't seen an update in a while. They will be thrilled to hear that he is home! Continuing to pray for strength for Hayden and yall. Love ya!
    ~Becka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing story! Praise the Lord that Hayden is doing so well now. I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete