Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Men will be Men!!!

So, I ask Jeremy to pick up some ribbon while he's at Walmart so I can tie the curtains open when our company comes. The other ribbon we had was Christmas ribbon. It was time for new ribbon. Jeremy is the type of guy that likes to help decorate around the house. So this wasn't an impossible task for him. When he came home he said he had no idea what I would want and didn't see anything I would like. I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that. Yes, I know ribbon is not a manly thing, but when I went back they had ribbon galore and a couple that stuck out to me and I think should have stuck out to him. The moral of the story is ...Yes, the men we married are wonderful, hard working and brave. They provide for us and protect us, but above all they do not pick out ribbon!!!






This is what he came home with, Strips of velcro!!!!



And this was his way of storing the

velcro. Lovely, isn't it?


How to make a pretty bow and not have to tie it every time you want the curtains open. First, tie your bow around your curtains. Next, cut the ribbon in the back, vertically.




Then cut 2 small pieces of velcro. Glue one side of velcro to the outside of the ribbon.

Then glue opposite side to inside of ribbon.


So his "easy" idea and my "pretty" idea were brought together. I think we make a good pair, and above all he makes me laugh!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know that my husband would be able to even find the section in Wal-mart that contains the ribbon!

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Poor Jeremy is ribbon-challenged. lol! I like the ribbon you picked out. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that Jeremy makes you laugh! We all need some humor in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy love what you did with the curtains.

    Ellen theres too many words and not enough pictures of my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!

    I can't even *imagine* what ribbon my husband would choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to your blog - love the helpful bow hint - I will use that one!
    Gina
    www.crimsoncovered.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a great story! Your curtain bows look great!

    ReplyDelete