I have been sick of my cluttered mess for quite some time now. I just recently decided to do something about it. Talking to a friend and Dawn helped inspire me with ideas. So 2 weekends ago I decluttered and started rearranging things and putting things away we had out but weren't using. Sometimes life can just get away from you and it can be very overwheming. Now, My house is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a whole lot nicer than it was before. I am very happy with how things turned out. I'm thankful my husband tolerated my decluttering, rearranging, clean-up frenzy and helped me out alot. Sometimes rearranging can give you a boost to keep things clean. It does for me anyway. I just need a change sometimes. Well, I hope the you all are not bored with this, but I just felt like sharing my home with you. Dawn is the only one that has been here so she knows what it looked like before. If any of you have comments or suggestions I am always open to knew ideas.
I just noticed my dining room pictures are out of order and I don't know how to fix it with out deleting and redueing and I just typed this whole thing and thats just too much to retype,LOL!
~Enjoy the Tour~








Great Pics! You should join biblicalwomanhood.com on Mondays. She has a series on making your home a haven. Every Monday she lists things to do for that day, she conquers a room a week I think. I try to work with what she is doing. I've been thinking of posting pics of my house, too. We'll see. Oh, have you checked out flylady.com She's great, too.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks GREAT Ellen!
ReplyDeleteThe house looks wonderful and
you have even more room!
You and the girls looked beautiful
in your new dresses. Glad they had
so much fun coloring eggs too.
Love, MOM
The place looks great, Ellen. It is nice to see the curtains in the TV room...they look really nice. It was a great idea to put the computer against the other wall...makes your dining room look very different. I like what you've done with it. :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I love your chocolate pot!
ReplyDeleteYour house is so pretty and looks bright and spacious!
The Easter pics are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBTW,I answered your question about the U.P on Dawn's blog.It stand for Upper Peninsula (of Michigan). That's where we grew up.
On Mondays she has Making your Home a Haven.
ReplyDeleteFridays she has Frugal Friday.
Saturdays she has Super Savings Saturday.
Check on those days. I also came accross this blog - http://orgjunkie.com/ She's an organizational junkie. Its pretty good! I love organizing and cleaning things, so I'm always on the lookout for this kind of stuff.
I just LOVE your hardwood floors! Is it hard to keep them nice? You have a beautiful home! So, you find bargains at garage sales, too?! I have already decided that when we have a baby, that I'm not going to buy anything for it until we go garage-sale-ing.
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on Kristy's blog and believe every word you say... it would be my worst fear too, if God had blessed me with a husband.
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm here may I say, I enjoyed the tour of your house very much. Home making is such a fulfilling thing I have found (even as a single person). I can very much relate with the desire you have to share it!!
Bless you