Thursday, August 21, 2008

Butterflies, Flowers and Water, Oh My!!

Well, about 3 weeks ago we went to a butterfly conservation called Powell Gardens. They have beautiful gardens and landscaping too. I can't believe it has taken this long to get my pictures up. I started over a week ago. Our computer would shut down or Blogger wouldn't work right or kids or dinner or vacation, AAAHHH!!!! So finally here they are. We went with some friends of ours. They have been there before. It was pretty neat. The only thing is we got there at 5pm and they closed at 6pm and we drove 1 hour and a half to get there. So when we got there and found out we had an hour we were a little disappointed but we thought we would enjoy the time we had and be thankful for a beautiful day out with our kids and our friends. So off we went to look at butterflies.


Hallie and Heidi spot one right away on the floor!!

So daring!

Uh Oh, here comes Hope. Fly away, save yourself!!!


Looking at cocoons. Some are empty from hatching, some are still in there.



I thought they were so beautiful. I usually like to get pictures with people in them. More specifically my girls, but I thought some of you may enjoy the butterflies and flowers. I also wanted to take some for my brother-in-law, Caleb. He's real good at photography. Let me know what you think Caleb!!!





I just love this one.


My sweet angels!!!



Awe, a family picture.


See, Jeremy does like football after all, lol



Thank you Lord for my sweet family!!!


I can not believe how amazing the color is in the flower!!









our friend, Phil


Hallie



Heidi



Hope




That's right, The spiritual Leader of our home
Jeremy!!

I wasn't too thrilled with this

My friend Sue, Spoils our girls rotten!!!






Remember I said We only had an hour. well, God had other plans.



A Water Park!!!



Ok, so it was just a fountain, but boy did we have fun!








Hope wasn't happy,lol





Hold on tight Daddy!!!!







Safe and Dry



Such sweetness!!

Such meaness!!



I had a similiar picture of Hallie, but I accidentally deleted it. I don't even know how I did it. I'm so upset. It was so cute!!!



Hallie actually sat on a spout, OUCH!




Isn't that sweet?!!
I left myself out because that is so not my good side,LOL!!


My Angel turned ice cube

Jeremy and Phil were waiting for us to bring the girls to get their shoes on and I was standing there taking pictures just to drive Jeremy crazy.



Ha Ha Ha, It worked!!!!
So the Lord blessed us and we had a great time.
Today is Monday the 25th and we just got back from Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo. Come back soon for more pictures.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you have the same kind of butterflies as we do. I'm glad to see you are adding new subjects to your photography. Although, I like the pictures of the girls best :) I can't wait to take pictures of all the kids playing together in about 3 years :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Ellen! You got some great pictures of the girls with lots of scrap booking potential. :) Looks like they had some good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterfly pics and fountain pictures! Looks like fun! My girlie loves butterflies so I'll have to show her your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete