Friday, October 17, 2008

A journaling moment for sure!


Hallie and Heidi had a couple neighbor friends over yesterday while Jeremy and I were fixing Dinner. I wasn't sure what they were playing until I heard Hallie say,"Ok ,Is it my turn to be the Ghost now?"


So I turned around to see them draping a blanket over her head and she started to lift her arms in the air.


We do not participate in Halloween. We do not agree with it. That is just how we feel. Our church is having a Harvest Party where the children can dress up as a biblical Character. I have always been taught if you take something bad away you should replace it with something good. (Another thing is we do not judge those who do participate. That is not our business.)


Back to the story. So as I turned and saw my child being a ghost, (which she has never done before) I said, "NO NO NO, we do not pretend to be Ghosts". To all of you mothers let me explain. Normal pretending is fine. I let my kids pretend, but I know my children and they have never pretended that before and they are easily frightened and have bad dreams. It's that time of year that kids are thinking about this stuff. So I needed to nip it.



Well, as I was saying no, my 6 year old's response was," No Mommy I'm the Holy Ghost"!!!



After I picked my self up off the floor I said to my Husband, "That is going on the Blog"!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story. The Holy Ghost is a Biblical character..but probably not what you had in mind for the Harvest party. lol! Can't wait to see some pics of that.

    ReplyDelete