Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Harvest Party

Our harvest party went well. It was a lot of work and I'm glad it's over. The kids had fun and got way too much candy. Abbi, we started "Sweets for the Sweet"!! The girls love it.



Hallie - Jachabed (Moses Mother), Heidi - Miriam and Hope - Queen Esther

You money savers will love this. We haven't had the time to even think about costumes so we went to Good Will and bought blue curtains-1.00, a burgundy table cloth-1.00 and 2 table runners 1.00 a piece. I found an old white pillow case in our closet-Hope and extra pink fabric not being used. I was so proud of myself. I think they turned out pretty good!!





Our Pastor



Hope - Bowling




Apple on a string





Clothes pin drop









Moon Bounce
Donated, isn't that awesome!!!







The prodigals pig pen

You are supposed to sweep the paper into the other pens

Poor Hallie!!











Hope stayed by the candy all night







Heidi having a hand at the pig pen
















Pharoah

(Jeremy's brother, Josh)





Pillar of Salt
(Josh's wife, Amy, Our sis in law)







The baby that was ordered to be cut in half cause the 2 "moms" were fighting.

Kinda creepy but creative
(Their daughter Caroline)
They are so creative!!











The little kids loved the treasure hunt.
I had to explain to Heid she is only supposed to put her hands in to find the treasure not swim in the shredded paper that sticks to her outfit.





Hope wasn't at the candy so she can swim in paper all she wants!!!








Craft table






Pop corn post
















Heidi Fishing for a surprise






Hallie going for an Apple, again.





Heidi- Ping pong toss





Heidi- Ring toss

She made it on the first one!!





Heidi has a unique way of getting the apple





It's called CHEATING!!!!!





Jeremy gave a short lesson






Hope back at the candy, AAAHHHH!!!!






There were more kids, but this is all that stayed till the end.





Angela, Our neighbor won the scooter for best Biblical costume.

She was Queen Esther too. She did have a crown earlier for the Judging.
Jeremy and I were not judges, we did want our kids to have a fair chance.
Jeremy and I did not have costumes because we were planning this, trying to buy a house and having the baby troubles all at the same time. Costumes were the last thing on our minds. Otherwise we would have participated. We almost didn't have any for the girls. We made theirs around 1pm and the party started at 6:30pm. Hopfully next year will be better. Lord willing we will have a baby too.
I'm still holding out hope!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Aw, the girls are so cute in their costumes. Leave it to the baby of the family to be the sparkly princess/queen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT costumes!!! And well-done in the frugal department too!

    I love the pillar of salt lady! And my favorite pic is of Hope next to the candy!

    Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls look really cute. Josh and Amy look great. But what about you and Jeremy's costumes? :) Who did you dress up as?

    Looks like everyone had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures! It looked like a GREAT Time!! Hallie and her apples, Hope and here CANDY, and Heidi is just Heidi... I just love that girl!!! They are ALL WINNERS to Grandma!! Love you and praying for you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes turned out great! You did a good job finding them inexpensively and putting them together! I got my costume at the thrift store, too. I got a child's sleeping bag, and went as "The Comforter".

    ReplyDelete