Saturday, December 27, 2008

OUR WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS PLAY!!

I can not believe how behind I am on my posts. It's terrible. I didn't get my last post of Thanksgiving up but, oh well. I have to move on.
My husband was the director of the Christmas play for the children and I was his side kick. My were we busy. It all came together along with a few more gray hairs!!! The kids did great!! I had to repose all the kids for pictures afterwards because being the director's wife you have responsibilities and none of those was taking pictures so I didn't get any of the actual performance, but the poses at the Inn are pretty identical. I had them redo the whole scene afterwards. It was my daughter so I could do that. Everyone enjoyed watching her yell again anyway. It was so cute. That girl can have some A T T I T U D E!!!!! but we told her to so it was okay.
The play was called "No Phibbin Mephibosheth" It was about a crippled boy who comes to town the same night as Mary and Joseph looking for food. The Inn Keeper (My oldest) is terrible to him, but nice to Joseph and shows him the stable and says, "I'm sorry but this is all I have."
The crippled boy, play name - Bo (Cooper)had a couple solo's and did wonderful. After his encounter with the Inn Keeper he is found sad and alone by a shepherd who normally takes sick animals back to the flock, but this time she brought a boy and the rest of the shepherds were not happy about it. Through a series of events they came to love and be-friend the boy and they all welcomed him to join them to go see the Messiah that had been born. Just typing about it gives me goose bumps,lol!!! It was an amazing night to honor our children and our Savior!!!
Poor boy,Bo knocks on the door of the Inn

(My daughter) Hallie - "What do you want?" (nasty tone and voice)
Cooper - "Can I please have a piece of bread? I'm so hungry, I'll work for it."
(sad tone and voice)

Hallie - "No, go away, can't you see we're packed out. We got paying customers buying every bit of food we have and there's nothing a crippled kid can do to help us."


Hallie - "Now Scram!!!"



Shepherds




On the left is Bo and Beth (play names). Beth is the one that offered to help him. In this picture Bo no longer has his crutch, but a staff because they had welcomed him in.





Our four Angels did some motions to a song
The second from the left is my middle daughter, Heidi. The video is hilarious, her friend Dylan was back in town and she decided to wave and flirt the whole time.




Our sad stable.
We just ran out of time to make a decent stable.


The whole crew. They did an amazing job and I'm glad I have 9 months before the next one starts up again. It was exhausting. My friend Brigitte and I made the costumes in a week and a half. I couldn't have done it without her!!

THANKS BRIGITTE!!!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures!! Hallie was a terrific "Inn Keeper" and Heidi is always a wonderful "Angel" in grandma's eyes!!! I can hardly wait to see the video!
    See you all soon. Love, Grandma/ MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! You did a great job, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny how Heidi was flirting during the play! Looks like it turned out well. I know you're glad it's over with =)
    ...about the "Hits Count" gadget..Yes, it is a counter that counts how many times people visit your blog. I just googled "counters" and found it. Jen has one too.

    ReplyDelete