Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Wonderful Christmas!!

I apologize for the volume of pictures, but my family will appreciate it and I just want to hurry and get caught up and share our wonderful Christmas with all of you!!




Our Christmas card.
If you usually get one and haven't yet it's because they are late and will be on their way today.

The Sunday Morning before Christmas
Also the same day as the play

A friend of mine who moved to Wichita, Kansas was here for Christmas to be with her Parents and I had her and her 2 children over to play and chat. We had sooooo much fun.


Heidi and Dylan are best friends and us mom's are planning the wedding, lol!!!



Can you believe the smiles I get from this girl when Dylan is here?
I'm telling you it's a match made in Heaven!!




Ok, now she did that on her own, but at least it was his forehead.





Hallie had that horse shirt on too but she had to change of course.
Thanks for the shirts Kelsey!!!






My best friend Becky. She is one of my few Best Friends. It's great to have a few really great friends that you know you can count on no matter what. She even offered to come all the way from Wichita when I had my miscarriage. So sweet!
I love you Becky!!!!


Our friends Phil and Sue came over the eve of Christmas Eve. They have adopted our children as grandchildren. Their grandchildren live far away and my Parents live far so God brought friends in to help with the spoiling.
They bought the girls these teddies and PJ's for Christmas.



Christmas Eve Service



Heidi's smiles and poses just amaze me!!!



Our Pastor brings the kids up and reads the Christmas story to them from his rocking chair every year. To the left is our song leader Tom and Dylan is his grandson.



Jeremy was waving a candy cane over my head to get those smiles



And of course I wouldn't be Ellen if I didn't torture Jeremy with a family picture.




All the presents are ready!!!




Stockings are stuffed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!!!

Checking out the stockings


"Oh, look I got a knew stocking!!!"
(Thanks Grandma and Pop-pop)



Hope found the mother load of chocolate candy in her stocking.

Pajama's with a robe that lights up



Movies



Real vacuums


My brother in law gave us the idea of getting these vacuums on Black Friday and cutting down the wand and drilling knew holes and VWALAH, you have a "real" little people vacuum!!



New folders and notebooks



Magic light up paint brush from Crayola

From Taid (Jeremy's Dad)



Banks with a real counter on top

(From Uncle Eddie)


Slippers, croks and babies

never mind the chocolate all over her face, LOL!!!


Testing the bank


New outfits (also in pink), Leapster 2 with extra games and
a leap frog radio all from Grandma and Pop-pop


A dear lady in our church had this precious mug made for me as a surprise. I cried my eyes out when I opened it. Something like this means more to me this year I think because of the miscarriage. I just can't help but wonder what the baby would have looked like, sounded like, characteristics, personality, etc. It haunts me. I know God will get me through it. Like our pastor said in church..."What have you gone through that you can thank God you didn't have it worse." Praise the Lord He took the baby early and not after it was born.



Christmas dinner



And a Kitty!!!!!




Well... Actually....








2 Kitties!!!!!!
Snowball and Tiger
They are the most gorgeous kitties ever. The girls were so excited they screamed!!!


We spent our day just enjoying each other and the wonderful time we had to spend together. We watched a new movie and watched the girls play and just finally had a sigh of relief that we had nothing to do for once. Life has been crazy, but thankfully the craziness has slowed down for now anyway. And... Grandma and Pop-pop are coming on the 31st,
WOO HOO!!! We had a great Christmas and hope you all did as well.

Have a blessed New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Last night when talking you didn't tell me the kitties names. Its so funny because before when I was younger we had to kitties named: Tiger and Snowball (at the same time as well). Who would've thought!! :D

    Jen Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, Ellen! Love your tree. The girls dresses are so beautiful and I LOVE those fur hats, too adorable!! Looks like you all had a great day, Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really nice Christmas! I love it that you dress your girls alike. I always enjoyed dressing like my sisters.
    Sounds like cats are a hot gift this year--you, Dawn and my cousin Paula all got cats this Christmas. It is also interestin to note that the three of you are related...coincidence?
    Enjoy your family's visit!

    ReplyDelete